Apex 1.4 provides a framework for rapid MVVM development.
Download Apex 1.4 to get the core binaries, Visual Studio Extensions, Project Templates, Samples and Documentation.
The 1.4 Release provides a vast number of enhancements via the Apex Broker
. The Apex Broker is an object that can be used to retrieve models, get the view for a view model and more, much like an IoC container.
The new Zune Style application templates for WPF and Silverlight give a great starting point for making rich Apex powered applications.
- New 'Zune Style' project templates for WPF and Silverlight
- 'ApexBroker' - an object that allows models, views and viewmodels to be accessed from different areas of a system in a consistent way
- 'ViewBroker' - a control that shows a ViewModel using the correct View
- MVVM Attributes - Add Model, View or ViewModel to key classes to allow them to work with the Apex Broker
- Basic documentation added
- Improvements to the ViewModel, View and Model item templates.
- Behaviours for common tasks
- 'SelectableItemsControl' - a basic ItemsControl that allows a Selected Item to be set.
- 'ISelectableItem' a new interface that allows objects to be used in SelectableItemsControl and be informed of selection changes.